Charles Rand Barnett for Congress | 4040in2020 | Home
The main way I'm saving energy around the house is to not run the furnace while I'm sleeping. I'm easily reducing my electric bill by 50% by doing this. Here is a calculator to see how this can affect your bills.
* this is for my gas furnace during winter
- Minutes to Full Temp: Number of minutes it takes for the furnace to bring the house up to temp after being off for an extended period of time.
- Number of Full Temp Cycles Per Day: Number of times a day the Minutes to Full Temp is done.
- Minutes to Level Off: Number of minutes the furnace runs when the house is already heated and the furnace is just topping it off.
- Minutes Between Level Off: Number of minutes the furnace is off after a Level Off routine before starting again.
- Number of Hours Spent Leveling Off Per Day: Number of hours you used the Level Off cycle per day.
* during the fall and spring, I bring to full temp 2x a day and level off for 5 hours. That produces a savings of 65%.